Aquatec Secrets – top tips from Aquatec’s resident support guru
Jennifer, Aquatec's support guru, shares her top 3 tips for giving your instruments a little TLC...
Instead of scraping barnacles off your instruments and risking damage to the sensors, resist the temptation and grab some vinegar! For stubborn marine growth or fouling, soak in vinegar and a shiny instrument will emerge.
2. Love your cables!
Cables are often seen as an accessory or consumable and consequently are often the most abused item of kit. However, cables are the way in which you communicate with your logger and access your valuable data, so show them a little love!
- Always apply grease prior to mating
- When disconnecting cables, pull straight and resist wiggling or bending
- Be mindful of the cable bend radius
- Try not to squash them or step on them!
3. Service your instrument
As well as loving your cables, remember to show your logger some TLC to get the best out of your instrument. You wouldn’t embark on a long road trip in your car without first checking your fuel, tyres and oil - the same principles can be applied to your instrument.
Before any deployment, make sure your instruments are ready to go.
- Check your battery – if you have used it before, make sure there is enough life left for your full deployment. If in doubt, swap for a new set of batteries.
- Check your O-rings – if you have opened your instrument, make sure your O-ring seals are clean and clear of debris. Any dirt on the O-rings can lead to leaks.
- Test your logger – Run through a quick deployment to check functionality
Finally, don’t forget to return your instrument for an annual service and calibration – if you do this every year from purchase, you will benefit from our perpetual warranty.